There are no alerts at this time.
2016: Obama’s America
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Sporting Ammunition in a Fire is Safe for Firefighters if it is NOT Loaded in the Chamber of a Firearm
- State Ballot Measures – Letter to The Beach Reporter by Michael D. Robbins
- No to Proposition 30 – Letter to The Beach Reporter by Kurt Schweter
- Wrong Choice – Letter to The Beach Reporter by Bob White
- R.B. schools have received enough – Letter to The Beach Reporter by Mitch Kimball
- Why “Hate Crime” Laws are Immoral and Counter-Productive, by Michael D. Robbins | Public Safety Project™ on Hate Crime Law Supporters Weakened Our Criminal Justice System and Self-Defense Rights, by Michael D. Robbins
- El Segundo firefighter Michael Archambault arrested at Costco for allegedly shoplifting five products worth $354.95 (Booking Photo) | Public Safety Project™ on Could Firefighter’s Arrest be the Result of a Culture of Entitlement?
- Special Email – RE: Chevron Chamber Package – 1-4-2012.pdf – Adobe Acrobat Standard | Public Safety Project™ on Are Chevron’s Taxes Too High?
- Special Email – FW: Chevron Chamber Package – 1-4-2012.pdf – Adobe Acrobat Standard | Public Safety Project™ on Are Chevron’s Taxes Too High?
- Eye-Popping El Segundo 2009 City Employee Compensation Data Now Available | Public Safety Project on Eye-Popping El Segundo 2009 Firefighter Compensation Data
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- January 2010
- October 2009
- April 2008
- August 2005
- August 2004
- April 2004
- August 2001
- April 1996
- March 1996
- January 1994
- November 1991
- 9-11 Terrorism Attack
- ATM Machines
- Beach Reporter Letters
- Crime Control
- Daily Breeze Letters
- Doug Willmore's Great Chevron Shakedown
- Doug Willmore’s Great City Shakedown
- El Segundo
- El Segundo Chevron Public Records Act Request
- El Segundo Election Coverage
- El Segundo Herald Letters
- El Segundo News
- El Segundo Tax and Fee Increases
- Firefighter and Police Union Compensation and Pensions
- Firefighter Union Corruption
- Firefighters Commiting Crimes
- Government Employee Compensation and Pensions
- Gun Control
- Hermosa Beach
- Historical News
- Identity Theft
- Islamic Terrorism
- Letters to the Editor
- Manhattan Beach
- Manhattan Beach News
- Mass Murders
- Measure P – Firefighters Union Initiative
- Middle East
- Police Union Corruption
- Political Corruption
- Position Papers
- Redondo Beach
- School Teachers Union Corruption
- Self-Defense and Gun Rights
- Tax Policy and Issues
- Union Corruption
- United States
- Violent Crime
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Compensation Reform
- Election Info
- City Elections
- General Elections
- Primary Elections
- School District Elections
- Special Elections
- Old Web Site
- Tax and Fee Increases
Tag Archives: union corrpution
Thank you to the 90 percent of voters who voted against Measure P, the firefighter union’s initiative, and to those who campaigned against it. I campaigned against Measure P since at least August 2010, and the results are spectacular.
The firefighter union gave up campaigning when their professional polls determined it would lose by a wide margin, due to our early and sustained campaign against P. They did not give up as a favor to residents. We continuously campaigned against P to ensure success, because of the likely loss of life if it were to pass.
We defeated the two candidates endorsed and funded by the self-serving police union – progressive candidate Scott Houston, who falsely campaigned as a conservative, opposite his true record, and Cindy Mortesen. I wonder how the police officers and firefighters can be trusted on their jobs when they are blatantly dishonest in city election campaigns.
Carl Jacobson is vindicated and is mayor. Cindy Topar finished last. Topar and/or her campaign supporter, Peggy Boulgarides – wife of firefighter Jim Boulgarides – were responsible for the anonymous El Segundo Herald ad urging voters to watch the discredited KCET propaganda video attacking Chevron and Jacobson. Boulgarides called me on March 24 to take responsibility, but may have been covering for Topar.
I campaigned using facts, logical reasoning and proof including videos (at http://PublicSafetyProject.org/) for the best candidates, and against Measure P and the worst candidates. Bruce Meredith and other progressives may find that “dangerous,” but our community is safer as a result. … Continue reading
LAX TO L.A. HARBOR
Letters to the Editor for Monday, April 23, 2012
Posted: 04/22/2012 02:02:23 PM PDT
April 22, 2012 9:27 PM GMT
Updated: 04/22/2012 02:26:15 PM PDT
Kudos to El Segundo voters
Thank you to the 90 percent of El Segundo voters who rejected Measure P. We saved El Segundo City Fire Department from selfish firefighters only interested in maximizing their salaries and job security. Measure P would have disbanded our Fire Department, contracted with Los Angeles County for significantly reduced emergency services and endangered lives. The firefighter union quit campaigning when their professional polls determined it would lose by a wide margin because of our early and sustained campaign against P. They did not give up as a favor to residents. We defeated the two candidates endorsed and funded by the self-serving police union: Progressive candidate Scott Houston who falsely campaigned as a conservative and Cindy Mortesen.
– Michael D. Robbins, El Segundo
Note: This letter was edited down by the Daily Breeze from the original 150 word letter that was submitted. Here is the original letter as it was submitted:
El Segundo Election Victories
Thank you to the 90 percent of voters who voted against Measure P, the firefighter union’s initiative, and those who campaigned against it. We saved our city fire department from selfish firefighters only interested in maximizing their salaries and job security. Measure P would have disbanded our fire department, contracted with L.A. County for significantly reduced emergency services, and endangered lives.
The firefighter union quit campaigning when their professional polls determined it would lose by a wide margin, due to our early and sustained campaign against P. They did not give up as a favor to residents.
We defeated the two candidates endorsed and funded by the self-serving police union – Progressive candidate Scott Houston, who falsely campaigned as a Conservative, opposite his true record, and Cindy Mortesen.
I wonder how the police officers and firefighters can be trusted on their jobs when they are blatantly dishonest in city election campaigns. … Continue reading
Neil Snow is the epitome of naivete that unions love in their members.
He knows nothing about the payoff and kickbacks (called contributions) made by unions to the politicians who gave them these ridiculous contracts.
Union integrity? Unions can and do recruit aliens, both legal and illegal, as members? S.E.I.U. ring any bells?
So much for the English-speaking Americans workers the unions claim to protect.
The billions of taxpayer dollars to “save” GM? Stockholder shares became worthless, yet 40 percent went to protect the union pensions.
In his letter to the editor in last week’s paper, he “parrots” from union manuals every propaganda terminology and definition. He writes, “‘scabs’ . . . is an euphemism for someone who cannot get a job on their own merit.”
He writes, “Employees who would accept lower wages, no bargaining rights and no job security do an inferior job. Lateness, no show, stealing.”
“Now just imagine those types of employees who would agree to those terms. And now imagine they are firefighters and police,” writes Snow.
Tell that to the non-union waitress at the Kettle restaurant in Manhattan Beach, or the non-union Federal Express Drivers, secretaries, auto mechanics, every person in the U.S. military, the 80 percent (280 million) of Americans in this country who are non-union. Sainthood of unions? … Continue reading